This page gives an overview of how to create an account, and getting familiar with the Sketchbox interface.
Creating an account
To create an account, go to sketchbox.io/login and click "Create an account".
Complete the form, acept the EULA, and click "Send Verification Email".
The verification email should arrive to your inbox shortly; if it does not, be sure to check your spam folder.
The key components of the Sketchbox interface are highlighted in this image and described below.
- Project Name. When the project name is edited in the Project tab, the title and heading will also be updated. By default, the project name will also be used when saving the project.
- Webapp functions. There are four webapp functions across all views in Sketchbox:
- Help. Access this documentation.
- Save. Save a project to your account, or download a file to share with others.
- Load. Load a saved project from your account or from a Ripple file.
- Logout. Log out of your account.
- Project tabs. Each tab is used to modify and view different aspects of the energy model. The function of each is described in detail in Sketchbox tabs.
- Input groups. Related inputs and results are grouped together under headings. The color of the heading corresponds to the shell to which the group applies. In this example, the "Emissions" input group is highlighted.
Every project has tabs where you can view and enter information about the project, described in detail below.
By default, every project has two shells; the base building, and the site, where details about things external to the building are stored (such as parking lots and exterior lighting).
Within any tab you can switch shells by clicking the radio button next to each. You can add or remove shells in the Design tab.